Why Pursue a Certificate of Graduate Studies in Professional Communication at Bryant?
- World-class faculty – Our full-time professors are renowned, award-winning leaders in their specializations.
- Evening classes and the flexibility to manage your course load to fit your work and life schedule.
- Earned certificates can be applied to the Master of Arts degree in Communication.
When can I start the Program?
- Applications are accepted at any time.
- Once all application materials are received, you will usually receive a decision within one week.
- The program can be started in the Fall, Spring or Summer terms.
- Applications are accepted at any time. Once all application materials are received, you will usually receive a decision within one week.
The Certificate of Graduate Study in Professional Communication is a custom-designed program to meet the student's professional needs. Upon consulting with a faculty advisor for program approval, the student will tailor a four-course sequence most appropriate for career development in the student's professional specialty. Choose from:
COM 603 Health Communication
COM 604 Organizational Communication
COM 610 Conflict Management and Negotiation in Organizations
COM 611 Communication in Small Groups Applied Theory
COM 612 Media Effects Theory and Research
COM 613 Communication, Persuasion, and Social Influence
COM 614 Ethical Public Communication
COM 615 Culture, Diversity, and Communication
COM 618 Risk and Crisis Communication
COM 619 Global Communication
COM 620 Computer-Mediated Communication
the science of persuasion.
• risk and crisis communication.
• campaign design.
• managing conflict and negotiation.
• nonverbal communication.
• other areas involving message design and human relationships.
• training, development, and leadership.
• understanding how media impacts human behavior and interactions.
Certificate of Graduate Studies in Professional Communication (4 courses) $2,796 per course.